Help Desk - Configuring Outlook Client
You'll need to know your domain name to replace the section in this article that say yourdomainname.com.
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts...
- Click Add a new e-mail account, and click Next.
- Choose POP3 as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.yourdomainname.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.yourdomainname.com
User Name: Enter your username (including @gyourdomainname.com)
Password: Enter your password
- Click More Settings... and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Leave these setting as default, unless your ISP blocks Port 25 (SMTP). If the block this port, change the value in Outgoing server (SMTP) to port 45.
- Place a check in the box in front of Leave a copy of the message on the server and Remove from the server when deleted from 'Deleted Items', this will help keep your mailbox under is storage quota limit.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings... After receiving Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click Close.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.